Good morning and happy October! I’m over at Living Better Together today sharing a new recipe – spiced white chocolate bars with pumpkin cream cheese frosting. They’re a perfect dessert for fall
Good morning all and hello September! I’m still wrapping my head around the fact that summer is almost over. I’m over at Living Better Together today sharing this easy recipe for whiskey honey pulled pork. I bet Rebecca’s little ass kicker punch would pair perfectly with my sandwiches!
Good morning all! Well it’s the first Wednesday of month (can you believe that??) which means I’m over at Living Better Together sharing the recipe for these yummy lemon cupcakes that are topped with a fresh strawberry buttercream frosting. They are So good! Be sure to check out this easy recipe!
My dad keeps bringing us zucchini and I keep baking with it. I love having fresh, local fruits and veggies available. Every spring I say I want to start a garden but I haven’t made the jump. The idea of walking into my backyard to get ingredients for dinner sounds amazing! The problem is, I’ve been known to kill a plant or two. My husband is the only reason my flower baskets last as long as they do every year. I have a serious problem with the whole remember to water thing. Oh well, at least I have an amazing dad to keep my fridge stocked!
I’m really excited to share this recipe with you. It is such an easy one and tastes fabulous! The cream cheese frosting pairs perfectly with the zucchini cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Grease 2 round cake pans; set aside
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together sugar and oil.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into prepared pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese on high until fluffy.
- On slow, lowly add powdered sugar and vanilla, then beat on high until smooth.