So after a weekend of baking up a storm I decided I really need to focus on some health conscious meals. Seriously, those Mounds brownies I made are all gone. Plus we polished off a batch of my oatmeal cinnamon raisin cookies. I know, bad, right? I really do enjoy eating healthy foods but I enjoy baking even more!
I vowed our dinners this week wouldn’t include any cookies 😉 Here’s an easy and flavorful dish that’s super good for you with lots of veggie goodies.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine basil, vinegar, oil and garlic in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in baking pan and cover with basil mix.
- Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked.