Happy Monday!! We had a busy weekend and I’m sad that it’s over already. We finally finished our painting projects inside and now we’ve moved to the outside. Our house has needed a paint job for a couple years but it’s something we’ve put off. Since we built a fence last summer and re-did the front yard with a cute cedar picket fence, the faded blue-gray paint is standing out much more. We do pretty much everything ourselves when it comes to the house so of course we will not be hiring this project out. Any by “ourselves”, I mean my husband. I mean, I help out as much as I can but really, he’s much better at it than I am. 😉
With a busy weekend behind me and a full week ahead, I really wanted to make some meals that we could eat on all week. Breakfast is the hardest for me because I never have enough time in the morning to make it. I always just grab a banana on my way out the door. Which is great, except that I am starving by 9am! (I leave the house at 6:30am.) This is a really easy “throw together” meal that is packed full of nutrition and will keep you full until lunch!
- 1 lb. chicken sausage
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, cook chicken sausage (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including cooked sausage and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- I was trying to keep this meal "light" but cheddar cheese would be great addition!