Happy Saturday everyone! My favorite day of the week. 🙂 We usually always make a big breakfast on Saturdays which consists of eggs, potatoes and bacon or sausage. This morning was no exception. I’ve been wanting to try substituting sweet potatoes for a “healthier” dish. I have never been a fan of sweet potatoes. My family loves them and served them for holidays growing up. My first attempt at breakfast sweet potatoes was a major fail. I used the sweet potatoes I knew of. The orange colored ones. Little did I know, these lovely white sweet potatoes taste totally different and I LOVE them! I’m so happy because now I can have some fun experimenting with new recipes.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a great Mother’s Day!
Chop up veggies into bite size pieces.
Mix everything together until veggies are fully coated with oil.
It’s important to make sure you spread into single layer, it will help cook evenly.
- 1 large white sweet potato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Chop potato, pepper and onion into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl, mix together chopped veggies, oil, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until fully coated.
- Spread onto baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring potatoes every 10 minutes.