Today I’m over at Playdates + Pearls with an easy salad that’s perfect for Thanksgiving!
One of my favorite salads when eating out is Red Robin’s southwest chicken salad. So, I decided to try it at home!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup grated pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- Preheat BBQ grill to 350 degrees.
- Coat each side of chicken breast with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- BBQ chicken for 12-15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Slice thin and set aside.
- Mix together ranch dressing and chipotle seasoning.
- In medium bowl, toss together veggies, cheeses and dressing together.
- Top with chicken and serve immediately.
- 1 lb. cooked large shrimp, de-tailed and cut in half
- 2 barely ripe large avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-3 tbsp. oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl and serve right away.
- I suggest adding 1 tbsp. oil at a time. Depending on the size of your avocados and lime, it could get too soupy.
This is by far the easiest salad I’ve made. It’s refreshing and has a ton of flavor! Top it with chicken and you’ve got a great lunch!
What you’ll need
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup poppyseed dressing
What you’ll do
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl and stir until fully combined. Yep, that’s it!