How was everyone’s week? Mine was good but so glad it’s the weekend! We went out last night for a friends birthday and it felt great! We’ve been so busy with the house that we haven’t really made the time to enjoy a night. Although it was a short night, we had a great time! Staying out late is a rarity for me these days. Hmmm, I must be getting old 😉 I used to be able to stay up late and sleep in. Now, no matter what time I go to bed I’m usually up by 7. This morning was no exception. So we got up and started working on the backyard. I came in to make us lunch and lost ALL motivation. Like all of it. My husband would have to drag me back outside if he wanted my help. I started to clean the house but wasn’t feeling that either.
What did sound good was baking! Way better than cleaning, right? I went to the pantry to grab some ingredients but realized I was out of flour. Not good news for me. I was dead set on cupcakes though so grabbed a box of yellow cake mix. I always have a box of cake mix for times like these. Or for times when I’m craving cupcakes but am too lazy to make the real thing. I wanted to doll them up a bit so thought chocolate chips were a good idea. They were. These cupcakes are super easy to make and taste so good. Of course, you could always make the cupcake batter from scratch. There’s a secret ingredient in the frosting that brings a great chocolate flavor and creamy consistency.
Hope y’all have a great rest of the weekend and be sure to enter the giveaway that is going on. Lots of fun prizes! Cookies from PPGBakery, $50 credit to Tennessee Me Vintage, the March Popsugar Must Have box and $150.00 in Paypal cash! Go enter now!!
I’ve been obsessed with chocolate chips lately and these cupcakes were a great way to use them!
There’s Jell-0 chocolate pudding mix in the frosting recipe! I love the texture it gives.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 oz. box Jell-O chocolate pudding
- 1-2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, milk, vegetable oil and chocolate chips.
- Pour evenly into cupcake pan.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes. (Check the directions on the box in case baking time is different.)
- Let cool completely.
- To start the frosting, beat together butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add Jell-O pudding mix, powdered sugar and 1 tbsp. of milk.
- Beat until smooth. If needed add the other tbsp. of milk.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!