Happy Monday! Hope y’all had a great weekend. Mine was wonderful. My dad took my sister and I to the Blazer game Friday night and we had a BLAST. I spent the rest of my weekend playing catch up around the house and relaxing. The last couple weeks have been super busy so I found myself barely cooking and when I did, I made our “go-to” easy meals like spaghetti and tacos. I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve posted. Well, I’m back at it and excited to share some great new recipes this week. Mondays are my least favorite day of the week as I’m sure much of you will agree. So hopefully this insanely, delicious treat will brighten your day a little.
One of my favorite things since starting this blog is getting special requests. It’s so fun for me and sometimes a challenge. My good friend, Samantha, from Playdates and Pearls sent me a pin of Mounds brownies but there was no recipe attached to the picture. Without any hesitation I told her I would get her a recipe for them and here it is! Don’t make these if you are trying to eat well. You just won’t be able to resist. I say this coming from experience 😉 The hardest part of this recipe for me was waiting for the chocolate to set up so I could eat them!
- 1 family size box brownie mix
- 1 14 oz. bag shredded coconut
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 10 oz. bag dark chocolate chips
- Prepare brownies per directions on box. Let cool completely.
- In large bowl, mix together coconut and condensed milk.
- Spread evenly onto brownies. Using wax or parchment paper, press coconut mix firmly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after every interval.
- Smooth over top of coconut and let set up completely (usually a couple of hours).
- I recommend a plastic bowl for melting the chocolate as it does not heat up as much as glass.