I wanted to call these “little pieces of heaven” because they were delicious! I said “were” because they are already all eaten up. Sorry family, no chance for distributing. I love the versatility of this dessert because you can use whatever fruit you want! My father-in-law brought us more peaches from the island and I couldn’t wait to make a pie but honestly, I was feeling very lazy and not up for the challenge. I grabbed a package of sugar cookie mix to use for the crust.
Take about 2 heaping tablespoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Press into bottom of cupcake tin using thumb to press against sides, making the “cup”.
Of course, top with whipped cream!
- 1 17.5 oz. package sugar cookie mix + ingredients it calls for.
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make sugar cookie dough according to package.
- Take about 2 tablespoonful of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Press into bottom of cupcake tin. Using your thumb, gently press against side, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat chopped peaches, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar cookie cups are baked, remove from oven and use the back of a large spoon and gently press down in the center to re-form the cup shape.
- Spoon peach mixture to cups and enjoy!
- If you will not be eating all of the cups immediately, keep peach mixture refrigerated until ready to eat, then top cookie cup and heat.
My dad’s garden is in full bloom and I’m so excited because that means fresh veggies for us! He brought over some zucchini this weekend and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I’ve had double chocolate chip muffins on my list of “things to make” for quite a while. I wanted a dense but moist muffin (like the Costco ones) and I thought the zucchini would be perfect for them. It was. These muffins turned out amazing!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat together sugar and melted butter until fully mixed.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Evenly pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.
The admins over at Spoonful of Foodies put together a “date night” menu. Each of us chose a course and made something special. I’m bringing to you a lovely coffee cocktail to cap off your night.
- 6 oz. hot coffee
- 1/4 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 oz. whipped cream vodka
- 1/2 oz. half and half
- Spoon 1/4 tsp. cocoa powder in the bottom of a coffee mug.
- Pour hot coffee into mug and stir to dissolve cocoa powder.
- Add whipped cream vodka and half and half.
- Gently stir and enjoy!
- You could substitute half and half for milk or heavy whipping cream if you have it on hand.
Be sure to check out all of the courses. These are some seriously good recipes!
We had a lot of fun putting together this menu! Hope you enjoy!
Happy Thursday all! I love Thursday because for me, it’s the last work day of the week. This Thursday is especially exciting because our new dishwasher comes today! Woohoo! I never imagined I would be so excited for a new appliance. I feel very old now. Gone are the days of anxiously awaiting my new Coach handbag to arrive, we’ve moved on to appliances. But seriously, I cannot wait to get home and see my new shiny dishwasher in my newly remodeled kitchen.
I’ve been on a s’mores kick lately. It’s full on summer now and I have yet to go camping. Maybe this is how I’m coping? By coming up with s’mores treats. These are almost sinful. I thought cute little bites were such a good idea. However, after popping 5 of them in under a minute, I’m not so sure.
Did I mention the best part of these guys? They are no bake! Which is always a plus, especially in the summer months.
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Hershey's chocolate chips
- To start the crust, mix crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter until fully mixed. I used my stand mixer with whisk attachment.
- Take about a rounded teaspoonful of graham cracker mix and press firmly into mini muffin tin. I used the back of my cookie scoop to and it worked perfectly!
- Place in refrigerate and let chill for 1-2 hours.
- To start the filling, melt 1 tbsp. butter in small saucepan over low-medium heat, add marshmallows and stir frequently, about 5 minutes. It's ok if there is a few lumps.
- Beat together melted marshmallows and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Remove muffin tins from fridge an scoop rounded teaspoonful of filling into crusts.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I put them in the microwave - cook for 15 seconds, stir and repeat until fully melted -about a minute.
- Drizzle over bites and enjoy!