I wanted to call these “little pieces of heaven” because they were delicious! I said “were” because they are already all eaten up. Sorry family, no chance for distributing. I love the versatility of this dessert because you can use whatever fruit you want! My father-in-law brought us more peaches from the island and I couldn’t wait to make a pie but honestly, I was feeling very lazy and not up for the challenge. I grabbed a package of sugar cookie mix to use for the crust.
Take about 2 heaping tablespoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Press into bottom of cupcake tin using thumb to press against sides, making the “cup”.
Of course, top with whipped cream!
- 1 17.5 oz. package sugar cookie mix + ingredients it calls for.
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make sugar cookie dough according to package.
- Take about 2 tablespoonful of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Press into bottom of cupcake tin. Using your thumb, gently press against side, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat chopped peaches, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar cookie cups are baked, remove from oven and use the back of a large spoon and gently press down in the center to re-form the cup shape.
- Spoon peach mixture to cups and enjoy!
- If you will not be eating all of the cups immediately, keep peach mixture refrigerated until ready to eat, then top cookie cup and heat.