Today is my first day as a contributor at Living Better Together and I am so so so excited! I’ve been following Rebecca’s blog for a long time and couldn’t be more thrilled to be a guest there the first Wednesday of every month. Come over and check out my shrimp & veggie alfredo! While you’re there, be sure to look around at all of her yummy recipes. One of my favorites is her dark chocolate cupcakes with raspberry vanilla creme…. DROOL!
This shrimp and veggie alfredo is a perfect example of just that! It’s quick to whip up and the options for veggie combo’s are endless! I love recipes that use ingredients I have on hand. Or if I don’t, then I can easily substitute with something I do. I know alfredo doesn’t really scream summertime but I love this dish because of the summer vegetables and shrimp. I also do not use a lot of the sauce, so it really feels like a light meal.
When I am wanting an even lighter version, I blend together olive oil and garlic, then drizzle over the pasta instead of the alfedo sauce. It tastes so refreshing! Also, if you’re not a fan of seafood, substitute chicken for a great taste!
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In medium saucepan, bring to boil 6 cups water.
- Add pasta and cook 7-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Flip shrimp over and add zucchini, squash, and tomatoes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until shrimp is fully cooked.
- Drain pasta and transfer to large bowl; add shrimp and veggies.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt cream cheese, butter, and garlic together.
- Once melted (it will be a little thick), slowly add heavy cream and stir until smooth.
- Turn heat to low and let cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over pasta and gently stir until fully combined.